1. Electrocution may occur whenever electricity is present.
2. Allow only qualified personnel to install, wire and operate pumps and motors.
3. Always ground electrical units.
4. Never use gas piping as an electrical ground.
5. Be sure to connect motor to correct phase and voltage.
6. Do not operate pump if voltage is not within limits.
7. If circuit breaker or fuse is tripped, locate and fix the problem before restarting pump.
8. Make sure all electrical installations are in accordance with National Electrical Code and local codes.
9. Shut down and lock out all related electrical circuits before performing any maintenance.
10. Follow motor manufacturer’s recommended operation and maintenance instructions.